Speech Therapy – ARTS
Speech therapists give techniques and strategies for children to communicate. Speech therapy is the communication building block for lifelong learning.
Benefits of Speech Therapy
- Improves functional communication
- Improves spoken and written language
- Improve conversation skills which include eye contact, body language, gestures
- Development of strong social communication skills for lifelong friendships
- Improvements in cognitive function such as problem solving, short-term memory, organizing, planning
- Ability to safely eat and/or drink
- Improvements in quality and/or loudness of your speaking voice
- Effective management techniques to reduce severity of stuttering and gain control back of speech
- Understand and improve executive functioning such as goal-setting, planning, self-awareness, self-monitoring and improving cognitive function.
Features of Speech Therapy
The speech therapist provides education to family and caregivers to ensure optimal success